This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: regmove patch
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: regmove patch
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:42:51 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: meissner at cygnus dot com, amylaar at cygnus dot com, gcc-local at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
> The patch is pretty simple, we update REG_LIVE_LENGTH and REG_N_CALLS_CROSSED
> when we make a successful substitution.
You have removed the adjustment of REG_N_REFS for dregno.
Otherwise, it seems OK.
However, I thionk we would better code if we undo the initial substitution
if we can't make a proper replacement. If we made validate_replace_rtx_1
non-static, or created another interface function for it that doesn't
call apply_change_group, that should be pretty straingtforward, and actually
make optimize_reg_copy_1 simpler.