This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to change warn_write_strings to flag_const_strings
- To: Carlo Wood <carlo at runaway dot xs4all dot nl>
- Subject: Re: Patch to change warn_write_strings to flag_const_strings
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 15 Aug 1998 17:37:34 -0700
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <199808151828.UAA09111@jolan.ppro>
>>>>> Carlo Wood <email@example.com> writes:
> | For C++, string constants are `const char' by default, so I'd like to
> | change the flag that controls this behavior in c-common.c, and in any case
> | it seems odd to control semantics with a warn_* flag. What do you think?
> Unfortunately, I don't understand the patch :/.
> Does this change the behaviour for C++ such that string constants
> are ALWAYS const? Independent of any -W... flag?
Not this patch, but the patch to the C++ frontend that depends on it, yes.