This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fix for explicit SET modes
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: fix for explicit SET modes
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:52:40 -0700
- CC: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, rth at cygnus dot com, wilson at cygnus dot com, scox at cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 09:47:27 -0600
From: Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com>
I think we emit markers now to delimit the start/end of jump
tables, so we could search for those markers now instead of relying
on the DImode hack.
Then please do it this way if you can.
A secondary thing I am concerned about here, is that if we just fix
this one weird case which happens to not be relevant, everyone will
end up being consistent (ie. not generate SET's with explicit modes).
Thus we can perform the consistency checking if we wanted to in
gen_rtx_SET calls, I think this is a good thing :-)
David S. Miller