This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A gcc/f Makefile patch
- To: hjl at lucon dot org
- Subject: Re: A gcc/f Makefile patch
- From: Craig Burley <burley at gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 05:23:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Cc: d dot love at dl dot ac dot uk
- Cc: burley at gnu dot org
HJ, thanks for this patch, it looks entirely safe. Could you let me know
whether you think the same thing should be done for the g77$(exeext)
and g77-cross$(exeext) targets, which I was also (somewhat intentionally,
not knowing the implications vis-a-vis parallel make) somewhat lazy
about? If so, you're welcome to submit a patch if only to save me
Also, I gather the relevant omissions for the f77.stage targets
is not an issue, since those cannot start before the completion of
other targets that touch lang-f77 anyway -- presumably parallel make
somehow understands that.
Dave, could you install this onto the 1.1 branch and mainline?
tq vm, (burley)
Tue Aug 11 08:12:14 1998 H.J. Lu (email@example.com)
* Make-lang.in (g77.o): Touch lang-f77 before checking it.