This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: syntax errors in new SPARC files
- To: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>
- Subject: Re: syntax errors in new SPARC files
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 01:00:04 -0700
- Cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <199808112003.QAA00408@pc.> <199808120350.UAA25132@dm.cobaltmicro.com>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Tue, Aug 11, 1998 at 08:50:16PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> return with an expression in a function returning void is not allowed.
> Neither is a label without a following statement.
> Says who? ANSI C?
Says ISO. You should have, in fact, gotten a warning from GCC about
them. Why they were not declared an error I do not know.