This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: syntax errors in new SPARC files
- To: jfc at tiac dot net
- Subject: Re: syntax errors in new SPARC files
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 20:50:16 -0700
- CC: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <199808112003.QAA00408@pc.>
From: John Carr <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:03:17 EDT
return with an expression in a function returning void is not allowed.
Neither is a label without a following statement.
Says who? ANSI C? The GNU coding standards? Some broken C compiler
out there? Who?
Please please please please tell me (and I've asked you for this
before in private email) what C compilers do not accept these
constructs as they are. I think it is very ugly when coded in this
way so I'd like to avoid the change if it isn't necessary.
David S. Miller