This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: problems with cvs -z9 update
- To: Alexandre Oliva <oliva at dcc dot unicamp dot br>
- Subject: Re: problems with cvs -z9 update
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:30:15 +0200 (MET DST)
- cc: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
On 10 Aug 1998, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> Please insert a space before the slash; some systems interpret `#! /'
> as a magic number:
> #! /bin/sh
Thanks for the hint. Done.
>> + if [ ! -d CVS -o ! -f gcc/version.c ]; then
> Please make that
> if [ ! -d CVS ] || [ ! -f gcc/version.c ]; then
Again, thanks for the hint. Done. (Interestingly ./configure does use
-o as well!)
>> + cvs -q update -P -d -A
> I don't think the `-A' should be here; it defeats the purpose of
> egcs_latest_snapshot, for instance
Indeed I thought about it and my idea was that for new users it might
be useful. I have now made this easily configurable in my local version:
# Add -d to create any directories that exist in the repository but not
# Add -A to reset any sticky tags, dates, or `-k' options.
Oliva, thanks for your comments!
Jeff, okay to install?
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) Vienna University of Technology