This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cvswrite.html: user@egcs != user@localhost
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: cvswrite.html: user@egcs != user@localhost
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 16:28:40 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> you write:
> I was bitten by this today. Okay to install?
> Abstract: If your local user name is different from your user name at
> egcs.cygnus.com, the current instructions on how to convert an existing
> CVS tree are not sufficient -- you explictely need to add the user name
> for egcs.cygnus.com to the "Root" files.
Seems reasonable to me. Or better yet, always include the username, regardless
of whether or not it is the same.