This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch to supress trailing missing initializer warnings
- To: Carlo Wood <carlo at runaway dot xs4all dot nl>
- Subject: Re: patch to supress trailing missing initializer warnings
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 16:22:01 -0600
- cc: nathan at cs dot bris dot ac dot uk (Nathan Sidwell), egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808041503.RAA17789@jolan.ppro>you write:
> I recall that I suggested to give the warning if less then
> three variables where left uninitialized.
I think this is a poor design. Either it gives the warnings or it does not,
it should not be dependent on how many remaining uninitialized fields exist.
The question I think needs to be answered is should the warning be on or off
by default. I'm starting to lean towards the latter.