This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for include the option " -fno-rtti " (C++ & DirectX finally!!!)
- To: "Antonio Mendes de Oliveira Neto" <anmendes at cruzeironet dot com dot br>
- Subject: Re: Patch for include the option " -fno-rtti " (C++ & DirectX finally!!!)
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 01 Aug 1998 16:14:57 -0700
- Cc: <egcs-patches at cygnus dot com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A few things:
1) Whether or not to pad the beginning of the vtable should not depend
on -frtti; we want code compiled with and without -frtti to be binary
compatible. You need to add a new option for this, perhaps -fms-abi.
At some point, we ought to parameterize the ABI code better, so that we
can provide compatibility modes with various vendor compilers.
2) It's not necessary to list no-rtti in decl2.c's list of arguments;
-frtti is already there, and so -fno-rtti is already handled.
3) Please format your ChangeLog entry like the ones you see in other posts,
or use the Emacs C-x 4 a command to write them.