Re: Getting started with LTO, could use some material on linking/loading

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018, Hadrien Grasland wrote:

> But in trying to do so, I'm quickly reaching the limits of my limited
> knowledge of how linking and loading precisely works, and need to learn more
> about this part (which anyway keeps biting me periodically for other reasons).
> Can you suggest some learning material that you like on this kind of topic ?

The ELF specification is not a recent document, but may serve nicely to get
acquianted with the basics in a short time:

  http://www.sco.com/developers/gabi/latest/contents.html

There's a series of blog posts by Ian Lance Taylor that can help:

  https://lwn.net/Articles/276782/

Alexander