Re: Building an older gcc

On 16/07/18 08:37, Zoltán Kócsi wrote:
I'm trying to build gcc 4.5.8 for cross-compilation on a relatively
modern system and it fails on at least two points.

I've built or tried to build, given the limits of my knowledge, GCC from and including 4.1.2 to 7.1.0 on arm, aarch64, i686, mipsel and x86_64.

It's been a year since I worked on this.

The latest 4.5.x I built was 4.5.4

This failed on arm, has no support for aarch64 and so is not possible on that platform, built on i686, mipsel and x86_64.

To build on mipsel required a patch for mpfd 2.4.2, and I also have a note that make check fails spuriously if --enabled-lto has been configured.

I don't have time at this moment to look more closely at the specific failure descriptions in your email.