Re: How to include "wide int" in code

colinb2 . wrote on 07/12/2018 12:08 PM:
This is a patch/hook I tried when I attempted to make GCC-8.1.0 using
the GCC created make file. The idea is it is a proof of concept. If it
works on at least one person's machine then it should be possible to
do the benchmarking of using "wide int" once against not using "wide
int" at all that I'm really after by adding more code. But first get -
or not - the proof of concept working!

void
choomuldo (int linenum)
{
   // Proof of concept of "hooking" into choose_multiplier.
   // Paste this into expmed.c just before choose_multiplier,
   // and at the start of choose_multiplier call this function.
   int iv;
   printf ("\n\n//# Choomuldo IN: from expmed.c line %d;\n", linenum);
   // Print a few lines to stand out from the usual make output.
   for (iv = 0; iv < 10; iv++) printf ("\n\n//# Choomuldo iv %d;\n", iv);
   printf ("//# Choomuldo OUT: from expmed.c line %d;\n\n", linenum);
   // Exit rather than return so we don't mix the output we want
   // with lots of subsequent output from the make.
   exit(1);
}

Aeeh, what?  :-)
Come on, isn't something else missing here? B/c the above code does nothing but some printf() and calling exit(1), thereby interrupting or even aborting the build...