Re: Do C dialect options -std=* affect the ABI?

On 8 May 2018 at 12:01, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> On 08/05/18 12:40, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>>
>> On 8 May 2018 at 06:32, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> do the C dialect options -std=* affect the ABI?
>>>
>>> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C-Dialect-Options.html
>>>
>>> For example can I safely link objects produced with different C++
>>> standard
>>> versions to produce an executable?
>>
>> You started out asking about C but then finish asking about C++, which
>> are you asking about?
>

> The C++ standard options are also documented on this page. In the text you
> have:
>
> "The following options control the dialect of C (or languages derived from
> C, such as C++, Objective-C and Objective-C++) that the compiler accepts:"

Yes, but you specifically said "C dialect options" which makes it
ambiguous whether you're asking about the options for C++ that are
documented in the section called "C dialect options" or asking about
the options for C.