Re: GCC 8 released but not successful ?

On 2018-04-29 12:32 -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> I know the subject line is not really accurate, could not be. Over the
> long years of the gcc project there were always pages of various peoples
> build results at https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-X/buildstat.html for some value
> of X.  That started to die off back in 2015 or so. Updates went from
> rare to never. Near as I can tell from the website no one has anything
> reasonable as a result in gcc 7 except for Bill Schmidt at IBM about a
> year ago. There is nothing for sparc or x86_64 or any other platform or
> operating system.  Did something break internally inside the GCC project
> or should those pages just be left blank?
>
> Dennis Clarke

I think they are manally updated.  And, GCC 8.1 is not released yet.  It's
a RC version.

I think the issue is: most people building and testing GCC are trying out
experimental version from SVN trunk.  LFS guys (like me) build GCC releases,
but the test result in LFS chroot environment is not accurate (without GDB,
and we can't send the result because we don't have mail clients in chroot).

Maybe someone can create an automatic system to build and test GCC releases?
--
Xi Ruoyao <ryxi@stu.xidian.edu.cn>