Re: compiled programs significantly slower after upgrading

Yeah, I realize it's a difficult question with no example. It would be
quite difficult to chop out a chunk of the code showing the 5x slowdown,
though, I think. I was probing for something big or obvious I may have
missed, or some known issue with the later versions, since this is so
dramatic, and since the only thing that has changed is the compiler. The
compilation options are minimal. I'm using -g -Og, and that's it. I have
tried a release build with some finer tuning, but that doesn't show much
improvement.