Emotional help

I have a strange question,

Currently I am working in the automotive industry.  My question is hard to
pose.  Are all major cooperations strictly about making money?  Not about
developing something amazing?

In the last months I have been lied to about being a manager.  Today in a
meeting, task force, the question was asked who is the manager.  My boss
raised his hand.  During the meeting it was discussed that responsibilities
where not clearly defined.  I asked everyone in the meeting what they
thought my role was.  My manager looked me in the eye and said I was a
tester.

So my second question:  Is this how it works in all big companies?
Everyone out for themselves?

I understand I might be writing to nobody.  But out of all the companies in
the world I do feel that GCC is one of the good guys.  And that the goal to
provide something of quality without any cost attached to it is more
meaningful then most things that happen in this world.

If someone does read this, I am coming from a negative view point, and
apologize, but I must thank you for reading.

Thank you
Patrick