Re: --target=powerpc-eabi: error: static declaration of ‘strndup’ follows non-static declaration

On Thursday, 9 November 2017, 8:14, Kai Ruottu <kai.ruottu@wippies.com> wrote:

>Jonny H via gcc-help kirjoitti 8.11.2017 klo 21:23:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I am attempting to build a cross-compiling toolchain for powerpc-eabi (I will also want to build powerpc-elf). I have roughly followed an online tutorial (see [1]). The difference is, I am building gcc 7.2, but other versions of gcc would do. My problem is at the stage of building the full gcc cross-compiler the build stops

>The three step builds with a "bootstrap GCC", "newlib" and "full GCC"
>should be some remnant from the old ages. Building both GCC and newlib (plus gmp, mpc, mpfr etc) in only one step should work.

Thanks, I should add a couple of things, I couldn't build the newlib 2.5 sources, I hit the same error as described here:

https://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2016/msg01117.html

I instead used the newlib 2.3 sources.

The other thing is that my test with gcc 6.2 was actually done using crosstool-ng

http://crosstool-ng.github.io/

Which automates the cross-build. I don't know if this uses the three step build method, it may not.

Regards,

Richard