This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --target=powerpc-eabi: error: static declaration of ‘strndup’ follows non-static declaration
- From: Kai Ruottu <kai dot ruottu at wippies dot com>
- To: Jonny H <addressforspam2003 at yahoo dot co dot uk>, "gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:13:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: --target=powerpc-eabi: error: static declaration of ‘strndup’ follows non-static declaration
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Jonny H via gcc-help kirjoitti 8.11.2017 klo 21:23:
I am attempting to build a cross-compiling toolchain for powerpc-eabi (I will also want to build powerpc-elf). I have roughly followed an online tutorial (see ). The difference is, I am building gcc 7.2, but other versions of gcc would do. My problem is at the stage of building the full gcc cross-compiler the build stops
The three step builds with a "bootstrap GCC", "newlib" and "full GCC"
some remnant from the old ages. Building both GCC and newlib (plus gmp, mpc,
mpfr etc) in only one step should work.
In order to get newlib being built with GCC one only needs to copy or
'libgloss' and 'newlib' subdirs from the current newlib sources (now
the main GCC source directory - in the 'gcc-7.2.0' in your case. Then
newlib will be
built and installed with the GCC stuff. The '--with-newlib' is required
in the GCC
I will myself try this "one step only" build with the gcc-7.2.0 &
and then will see what happens during the Fortran build...