Using GCC to compile C and Python Code to one Executable

Hi
   I am wondering if it is possible to compile a C coded program with a
Python Coded segment and have GCC look after all the Building and Linking
necessary?  Next question is can they both use the Global Variables as
defined in the C portion, within the Python code, using the same Variable
names?  I am developing a C interface and another person is programming in
Python; so I am wondering if this is practical at the Source Level?  We will
use the same Variable names in both C and Python, will that allow for GCC to
Compile, Build and Link into one executable?  Thanks for any help...
Robert

--
Sent from: http://gcc.1065356.n8.nabble.com/gcc-Help-f629689.html