Re: can't make with gcc on solaris 11.3

On 18 October 2017 at 23:14, sugar wrote:
> I see the final error: make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
> `install-recursive', but I am not able to identify the root cause of that
> error, I tried with gcc 4.5, 5.2, using make, using gmake 3.82, ld 5.11, gld
> 2.31... and I am totally stuck yet... please help, to find the cause of the
> error I will really appreciate it.
>
> Its a solaris non-global zone., I read in another post that the error could
> be the linker, and suggested to use the gnu one, that,thats why I specified
> LDFLAGS=-L=/usr/sfw/bin, then I tried withour the L, then adding the /gld
> binary name was just a typo mistake but none of the previous try worked
> anyways.

-L tells the linker where to look for libraries, it doesn't say which
linker to use.

To use a different linker you can't use LDFLAGS, you probably need to
add  --with-ld=/usr/sfw/bin/gld to the configure command, or use
LD=/usr/sfw/bin/gld

This is not a problem with GCC, so you should find a more suitable place to ask.