Running make check with forced g++ usage

Hi,

I wanted to ask if/how it is possible to run specific tests like set from i386 testsuite
with specified tool like g++?

Basic approach would be e.g.: make check RUNTESTFLAGS="i386.exp=avx512vl-*".
I am also able to run it like this: make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="i386.exp=avx512vl-*".
But once I want to run it with g++ it starts to look a little bit shady. To begin with
encouragement :) in GCC Internals for Testsuites chapter - FIXME: discuss non-C testsuites here.

Looking deeper into documentation I found in GCC install -> Testing manual info about
options like "make check-g++" and "make check-c++". Unfortunately, when I copy-pasted
line: make check-g++ RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=unix/-O3/-fmerge-constants"
I received error: make: *** No rule to make target 'check-g++'.  Stop.
Make check-c++ apparently checks something completely different, because it throws
some unexpected errors likewise.

There is also some other option available: runtest --tool g++ --srcdir <directory>
but it doesn't work when I'm specifying path to i386 testsuite.

The last thing I tried was to change the file type of the test from *.c to *.cc and *.cpp
unfortunately with the same result.

Did I missed something, or C++ tests can be only run as those that are in g++ testsuite
directory and there is no chance of doing so with machine specific testsuites?

Thanks,
Sebastian