-fPIE and -fPIC compilation flags

Hi

I am building CPython(Python Interpreter) using gcc 5.4.1. I want the
python executable, binary build after compilation to have Position
Independent Executable feature and the shared libraries built along it
to have PIC feature. So if I use –fpie and –fpic flags in the same
command to build object, which will be linked together into executable
or library, will that be a problem. Are –fPIC and –fPIE flags
conflicting in nature, so that whatever is specified later overshadows
the previous one. I would really appreciate if someone can help me
with it.

Regards
Yash