Re: building every released version of GCC starting with 4.1.2, with appropriate matching glibc

On 07/04/17 15:38, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> On 07.04.2017 14.57, Toebs Douglass wrote:

>> Also I expect those different versions are all built using the single
>> glibc used by the distro?  I would like to vary glibc as well, so I can
>> benchmark pthread locking mechanisms across glibc versions.

> What you can do is to build multiple "cross" compilers that are linked
> to every version of glibc.

Yes.  This is my goal.  The problem I currently face is getting GCC and
glibc actually built.

> But aren't you also a bit using different
> versions of the kernel as well?

I may be wrong, but I don't think so; I have the sources for my distro,
and I'm using them for the Linux kernel headers.  All GCC and glibc
builds will use those headers.