enumerators in generic tree

I work on a gcc plugin which provides a dependency model of the compiled sources. The information is derived by walking the generic tree and collecting declarations of and references to all symbols. This works astonishing good except for enumerators.

Enumerators are replaced by its constant value in a very early pass. The output generated by -fdump-tree-original doesn't show enumerator symbols but the constant value.

My question: is there an option to postpone the replacement of enumerators. I.e. to represent the enumerator as a CONST_DECL node instead of an INTEGER_CST node in the AST? If there is no option, are there any other suggestions to solve the problem up to "patch" the gcc code?

Currently I am using gcc 4.8.2.

Thanks
Joachim

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dr. Joachim Ullrich
Siemens AG
Digital Factory Division
Motion Control
Machine Tools Systems
DF MC MTS R&D SWRT 3
Benzstr. 1
71272 Renningen, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 7159 165 516
Fax: +49 7159 165 202
Mobil: +49 172 7423203
_mailto:joachim.ullrich@siemens.com_
_www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife_<https://www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife>
Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme;
Vorstand: Joe Kaeser, Vorsitzender; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich,
Janina Kugel, Siegfried Russwurm, Ralf P. Thomas; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300,
München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322