Re: shift+test optimization error

My mistake was that I didn't realize the sweeping effect of
an undefined operation. I knew the shift was suspect; I thought
that just meant the result of that operation could be anything.
It hadn't occurred to me that it actually meant that no part
of the program's behavior was defined. Reviewing the spec uncovered
that aspect of the situation. Thanks for the responses.