Adding a new thread model to libstdc++-v3

Good morning,

I'm a developer of the miosix kernel (www.miosix.org), which currently uses a patched version of GCC 4.7.3 to build the kernel and user's sources. For testing purpuoses I'm trying to update the compiler to GCC 6.2.0 reapplying the patches made for the older GCC and modifying them when necessary. I was able to apply all the patches but I get errors at compile time that are related to the fact that the thread model for libstdc++-v3 is unspecified. I noticed that because the gthr-default.h file is correct in the directories related to libgcc but is empty into those related to libstdc++-v3.

How do I specify the thread model for libstdc++-v3?

Thanks,

Silvano Seva.