Re: Using the stack from inline assembly

On 14/12/16 10:05, Florian Weimer wrote:
> For glibc, we plan to remove such complicated inline assembly completely.

And perhaps we should think a little bit about maintainability.  I was
never very impressed by the idea of the red zone anyway, but how shall
we make sure that this problem does not recur?  I don't want to force
inline asm to disable the red zone, and all we need is some way to
warn the programmer that there's a problem.  But without parsing the
assembly code I'm not sure how to do that.  We could have a warning
about the red zone.  This warning would disappear if the programmer
annotated the function as "red zone clean" or somesuch.

Andrew.