Re: Is it possible to build a cross compiler for AIX 6.1 on Ubuntu?

On 10/26/2016 08:52 AM, Martin Sebor wrote:
I don't have the AIX libc but I can build a powerpc-ibm-aix6.1
crosscompiler from this week's trunk as well as from GCC 6.1.0
on x86_64 running Fedora 23.  I don't have access to Ubuntu so
I can't say for certain that it will work there but I can't
think of a reason why it wouldn't.
Agreed.

Most likely this is an issue with the cross setup. host-x-host crosses are a pain, but can work.

I'd set this up as a single source build tree for gcc, binutils & gdb which used a sysroot to get all the aix headers & libraries.

Judicious use of "-v" can help spot calling the wrong linker, linking the wrong libraries, wrong header file include paths, etc.

jeff