Re: illegal instruction (CPU mismatch)

On 20/09/16 11:20, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
>> It's a gdb command.  Run it in the debugger after the program has
>> stopped (or once you've loaded the core file).
>
> How can I create the core file and then import it to GDB?
> Is that "gdb --core"?
>
>  Regards,
> Mahmood
>

> It's a gdb command.  Run it in the debugger after the program has
> stopped (or once you've loaded the core file).

$ ulimit -c unlimited

should normally enable core dumping, but if that doesn't work it may be
disabled at the system level and changing that may be more tricky.

$ ulimit -a

will tell you what the soft limits are, and

$ ulimit -aH

will tell you the hard limits.  You can only increase limits up to the
hard limits.

If you can get a core file, then run

$ gdb <binary> <core-file>

where <binary> is the name of the program being run and <core-file> is
the ... well you can work that out!

R.