Re: building gcc for mipsel

22.8.2016, 17:08, Kai Ruottu kirjoitti:
22.8.2016, 16:56, Peter Münster kirjoitti:
Hi,

I would like to build gcc for my Asus WL-500gP board. I guess, that I
need to build a cross-compiler first, but unfortunately it fails.

Here my building commands:

../gcc-5.4.0/configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-mipsel --enable-languages=c --target=mipsel-elf

After googling it seems that you have a Linux/ARM target, not an embedded no-opsys-at-all ELF target. So, what is the Linux on your board or are you going to produce your own opsys for this board?

One Linux-based system for this board is the OpenWRT one :

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/asus/wl500gp

Probably ASUS itself has its own "original" Linux-based firmware coming with the router and hopefully

provides the runtime and development libraries with headers too. Of course OpenWRT provides these

things. Generally the issue is quite the same as when wanting a crosstoolchain for some more common

Linux distro like Fedora or Ubuntu...