SPR access

Hi,

(You have something wrong with your emails - the subject for your post
had a copy of most of the body of the email.  I have changed it to
something smaller.)

You can't use a function argument for the number of the SPR, because the
assembler requires the SPR at assembly time to generate the full mtspr
instruction.  My solution was to use a macro for this, rather than a
function (even a static inline function won't work):

#define readSpr(sp) ({ uint32_t res; \
        asm volatile (" mfspr %[res], %[spr] " : \
		[res] "=r" (res) : \
		[spr] "i" (sp) ); \
        res; })

#define writeSpr(sp, va) \
        asm volatile (" mtspr %[spr], %[val] " : \
		: \
		[spr] "i" (sp), [val] "r" (va) )

mvh.,

David