Fwd: GCC 5.2 Pass does not get called

Hello,

I am trying to add a new gimple_opt pass to gcc 5.2. I wrote a simple
test code to register a new pass that also has a flag.

I added the pass in passes.def and also declared it in tree-pass.h. I
recompiled gcc and it seems that my pass gets called (I printed some
output in the execute() function) when compiling gcc itself, but not
if I use gcc on an external file, for e.g:

I expect that whenever I call:

gcc -fsafestack file.c

the pass would also be run on the code, but instead nothing happens.

For reference, the code for the pass is here [1] and the pass
registration and the flag are here[2].
Any help would be appreciated,

Cristina

[1] https://github.com/cristina2689/gcc/commit/350bfe6c408a96b1d3fad6191919759d83ad45b7