Re: Regarding GCC mips64 cross compiler for x86

3.11.2015, 1:52, Steve Ellcey kirjoitti:
FYI: I downloaded the latest crosstool-ng sources and was able to successfully build a mips64 toolchain (n64 ABI) that included Fortran. Steve Ellcey sellcey@imgtec.com

Similarly for the pre-made Debian/MIPS distros I succeeded to make also a GCC with C, C++ and Fortran for the mips64-linux-gnu too, from the gcc-4.9.3 sources. Just trying the gcc-5.1.0 sources for the two mips64*-linux-gnu targets. The glibcs for mips64-linux-gnu I have are a little older :

GNU C Library stable release version 2.7, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.3.2.
Compiled on a Linux >>2.6.32.2-dsa-mips-swarm<< system on 2011-01-08.
Available extensions:
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
Support for some architectures added on, not maintained in glibc core.
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B

Probably this was from some older Debian/mips distro, the older glibc-2.7 for mips64el I had was made
natively on some Broadcom based board system...

Of course after having working GCCs for the mips64*-linux-gnu, making the three different glibcs for them from the glibc sources shouldn't be hard at all (for instance with the gcc-4.9.3 based compilers). In these "just for a fun" projects it wasn't motivated. Only wanted to see whether Fortran compilers
could be produced for them.