Re: [OpenACC] libgomp: cuMemHostGetDevicePointer error: invalid device

Thanks for your help!

Nikos

On 22/10/2015 12:48 ÎÎ, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
Hi!

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:27:32 +0300, ÎÎÎÎÏ ÎÎÏÏÎÎÎÎÎÏ <annikos@gmail.com> wrote:
I've downloaded and compiled the latest gcc: [...]
using the instructions from
http://scelementary.com/2015/04/25/openacc-in-gcc.html
in order to enable the OpenACC support in gcc.
Thanks for your interest!

GPU: GeForce GTX 275
According to the table on <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA>, GeForce
GTX 275 supports Compute Capability 1.3, but GCC (in particular, the
nvptx backend) only supports 3.0 and higher.

libgomp: cuMemHostGetDevicePointer error: invalid device
Not an ideal error message, I agree.

I would like to mention that CUDA is working well on my machine.
Is it a misconfiguration/miscompilation of myself while compiling gcc or
a bug in libgomp?
Missing support in GCC's nvptx backend, primarily.  And, that's unlikely
to be added, unless someone steps up to contribute/maintain such support.

GrÃÃe
  Thomas