Re: How to use C style directives in assembler ?

On 22/10/15 08:38, weiguixm wrote:
I'm reading u-boot sourc code recently. I found it uses C style directives
(#define #ifdef  and etc.)in assemble files. But  the assembler only
recognize directives like .ifdef .define by default.  I guess there is some
command line options of the assembler to make it recognize C style
directives instead of the default one. It will be appreciate if some one
could tell me how to deal with this issue.

You can use the "gcc" program to invoke the C pre-processor and the assembler. You can also call the C pre-processor directly and pass its output to the assembler.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09