Re: bug? gcc/graphite-poly.h:398:43: error: 'isl_constraint' has not been declared

> > It has been a while since I tried to bootstrap gcc and with the
> > latest
> > production release 5.2.0 and I see on the "Prerequisites for GCC"
> > page
> > that "ISL Library version 0.15, 0.14, 0.13, or 0.12.2" is required
> > as
> > per https://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html
>
> It's not required, because it's only used for the optional Graphite
> optimisations.

Thank you for the reply.

My issue here is that it is on the "Prerequisites" page as a clearly
needed piece and not merely optional. It should be marked as an optional
piece and not a "Prerequisite".

> > Wondering if isl 0.15 is really ready to go or should I use a
> > previous
> > version or can I remove the isl bits entirely ?
>
> You don't need ISL to build GCC and can remove it entirely.

Will do. I have never seen the cloog or isl bit compile on Solaris.
Ever. Once. In years. Ever. So it was very frustrating to see the ISL
bits as a "required" and "needed" piece.

No worries .. I'll give it a try without ISL and then try again later
with bits from ./contrib/download_prerequisites as you suggest.

Dennis