Understanding compiler warning options

I am trying to understand how the compiler decides which warnings are issued when compiling a translation unit.

What is the default warnings that are issued if no compiler warning options is set on the command line ?

If I set a general option, such as -w, -Wall, or -Wextra, do these get overridden by more specific compiler options no matter where in the command line they are encountered, or does the order of the compiler warnings on the command line matter in such a case ? As a specific practical example if the command line has "-Wno-unused-local-typedef -Wall ..." does the "-Wno-unused-local-typedef" override the "-Wall" option ?