Re: gcc: why is "abcdef"[3] not a constant (error: initializer element is not constant)

Hi GonzÃlez,

thanks for the hint with switch/case. I tried it and it fails in my
environment, too.

So it seems not to be recommended to make such a construct, even not with
g++.
A run-time solution for this is not possible for me because some of the
created data sections will not be part of the final code and so cannot be
modified at run-time.

Cheers