This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Tcsh - Gentoo
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: David Kredba <nheghathivhistha at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 22:06:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: Tcsh - Gentoo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALFdCy99Z-GyX7E1a46ieHui4W-+UkcuyuxzrqC9d=+uxX_yZg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 30 March 2015 at 20:45, David Kredba wrote:
> Could you plese help me?
> What information I have to provide as good enough for gcc-5 possible
> bug report if Gentoo tcsh-6.18.01-r2 is maybe miscompiled with "-g O2
> -march=core2 -mtune=core2"?
> This way (LTO or non-LTO) built tcsh always utilizes 100% CPU:
> Is it binary dumps diff?
No, find which function misbehaves (use GDB to look at a stack trace
while it is using 100% CPU).
Find which source file contains that function. Compile that file as
normal (non-LTO) adding -save-temps to the gcc command.
Create a bug at https://gcc/gnu.org/bugzilla/ and attach the .i file
created by the gcc -save-temps command.
Also follow all the other instructions at https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/