Re: Recursive calloc() due to optimization

> > -fno-builtin is good, but you cannot use it in an optimize attribute.
>
> This is quite confusing since for other optimiziations in this area it works like that, e.g. glibc (include/libc-symbols.h):

Since I already answered this previously here in the list, I added it
to the wiki:

https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#optimize_attribute_broken

The explanation could be better, perhaps more detailed and nuanced,
thus I encourage others to improve it.

Cheers,

Manuel.