static linking with gnatmake

    Hello.

I would like to produce statically linked executables with gnatmake on Linux. But "gnatmake -static" links the Gnu libc (glibc) dynamically. I understand that this is because some functions of glibc are only available in the shared library. However I am using another libc which hasn't this limitation and I would like to build a gnatmake which really does static linking.

I couldn't find the place in the source of gnatmake which I should modify. Would you be kind enough to point me to the right place?

I know it is possible to produce statically linked executables with gnatlink, but it would be more convenient to have gnatmake do it.

    Thanks.

Didier Kryn
Laboratoire APC, Università Paris-Diderot
http://www.apc.univ-paris7.fr/