This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
static linking with gnatmake
- From: Didier Kryn <kryn at in2p3 dot fr>
- To: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:06:35 +0100
- Subject: static linking with gnatmake
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DA0E8B dot 9050305 at in2p3 dot fr>
I would like to produce statically linked executables with gnatmake
on Linux. But "gnatmake -static" links the Gnu libc (glibc) dynamically.
I understand that this is because some functions of glibc are only
available in the shared library. However I am using another libc which
hasn't this limitation and I would like to build a gnatmake which really
does static linking.
I couldn't find the place in the source of gnatmake which I should
modify. Would you be kind enough to point me to the right place?
I know it is possible to produce statically linked executables with
gnatlink, but it would be more convenient to have gnatmake do it.
Laboratoire APC, UniversitÃ Paris-Diderot