This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: need help finding the patch for Bugzilla 31947/34809/33195
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: JB <breiten at lexmark dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 19:37:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: need help finding the patch for Bugzilla 31947/34809/33195
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5501E99F dot 6000102 at lpdev dot prtdev dot lexmark dot com>
On 12 March 2015 at 19:31, JB wrote:
> After happily using gcc-4.2 for about 7 years, some recent code changes have
> exposed bug 31947 (which has two dups)
> I'm investigating the options to address this, and have found that
> -fno-inline works in my situation. An alternate solution would be to patch
> the compiler, but I've been unable to identify the change(s) associated with
> fixing this problem. For this particular code base, I'm stuck on 4.2, and
> may even have trouble using a patched compiler. But I didn't expect to get
> stuck trying to find the patch. I've browsed the repo from that time frame
> and searched current sources for any mention of any of these bugzilla
> numbers to no avail. Thus my request for help.
When the bug was reported it was only reproducible on the 4.2 branch,
so was already fixed (somehow) on the 4.3 trunk before it was ever
reported. It was never fixed on the 4.2 branch.
That means you're not going to find any mention of the bug in commit
logs, because that would have meant the person making the change that
fixed it for 4.3 would have had to know that PR 31947 would be
reported at some point in the future and guess the PR number!
The brute force approach to finding it would be to do a git bisect
between gcc 4.2.0 RC3 and 4.3 20070515.