Re: Problems updating gcc git mirror clone

On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 18:48 +0100, Andrey Gursky wrote:
> error: some local refs could not be updated; try running
>  'git remote prune origin' to remove any old, conflicting branches
>
> Is it a "normal" behavior for git clone of a svn repository or it's
> something wrong?

You should follow the advice Git gives you and run that command.  Then
all will be fixed.

This is typically (always?) caused by a branch naming conflict; it's
annoying but not a big deal.  I wish Git would be able to handle this
automatically but I guess it's playing things safe.