This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problems updating gcc git mirror clone
- From: Paul Smith <psmith at gnu dot org>
- To: Andrey Gursky <andrey dot gursky at e-mail dot ua>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:02:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problems updating gcc git mirror clone
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABg52Hn393AYBxfaimScdLMm8wHRvXnSK4_Qd72dyyAA+Ref6g at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: psmith at gnu dot org
On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 18:48 +0100, Andrey Gursky wrote:
> error: some local refs could not be updated; try running
> 'git remote prune origin' to remove any old, conflicting branches
> Is it a "normal" behavior for git clone of a svn repository or it's
> something wrong?
You should follow the advice Git gives you and run that command. Then
all will be fixed.
This is typically (always?) caused by a branch naming conflict; it's
annoying but not a big deal. I wish Git would be able to handle this
automatically but I guess it's playing things safe.