This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Reference paper for Software Prefetching in GCC
- From: Ajit Kumar Agarwal <ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com>
- To: Utpal Bora <cs14mtech11017 at iith dot ac dot in>, "gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 16:47:29 +0000
- Subject: RE: Reference paper for Software Prefetching in GCC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 220.127.116.11) smtp dot mailfrom=ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com; gcc.gnu.org; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
- References: <CAH3av2nV6Xmwj=20nScAEo85Bv0AsD1JA=fS9FWAcbDRFUySrQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Utpal Bora
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2015 9:56 PM
Subject: Reference paper for Software Prefetching in GCC
I am Utpal, a graduate student at IIT Hyderabad, India. I have been studying software prefetching implementation in GCC as part of my Compilers Optimization course.
>>However, I could not find any reference paper that has been used to implement -fprefetch-loop-arrays pass in GCC.
Please find the following papers used as a references.
Compiler-Based Prefetching for Recursive Data Structures, Chi-Keung Luk and Todd C. Mowry, linked from http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tcm/Papers.html. That location also has links to several other papers about data prefetch by Todd C. Mowry
An Overview of the Intel IA-64 Compiler, Carole Dulong, Rakesh Krishnaiyer, Dattatraya Kulkarni, Daniel Lavery, Wei Li, John Ng, and David Sehr, all of Microcomputer Software Laboratory, Intel Corporation, Intel Technology Journal, 4th quarter 1999; http://developer.intel.com/technology/itj/q41999/articles/art_1h.htm
UltraSPARC[tm]-II Enhancements: Support for Software Controlled Prefetch, Sun Microsystems, July 1996, WPR-0002
Thanks & Regards
Computer Science & Engineering,