This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Reference paper for Software Prefetching in GCC
- From: Utpal Bora <cs14mtech11017 at iith dot ac dot in>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 21:55:45 +0530
- Subject: Reference paper for Software Prefetching in GCC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am Utpal, a graduate student at IIT Hyderabad, India. I have been
studying software prefetching implementation in GCC as part of my
Compilers Optimization course.
However, I could not find any reference paper that has been used to
implement -fprefetch-loop-arrays pass in GCC.
Can someone point me to the research paper if any, or any other
documentation describing the algorithm used?
Also on the Data Prefetch Support webpage, it has been mentioned that
prefetch for pointers has not been implemented yet and can be
implemented in future as -fprefetch-pointers pass. Is There any work
going on right now?
Kindly guide me in understanding the topic.
Thanks in advance for giving your precious time.
Computer Science & Engineering,