Re: Infinite loop in dcraw with current GCC versions

On 1 March 2015 at 13:17, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 27 February 2015 at 20:45,  dcoffin wrote:
>> Hi Manuel,
>>
>>      Yes, I know that cam_xyz[] would have to be declared
>> differently for *(cam_xyz + (i)*3 + (j)) to work, but it's
>> all the same at the hardware level.
>
> If you're not going to follow the rules of the C language then maybe
> you should stop writing C and stick to assembler.

It was pointed out to me that my message was unnecessarily blunt, sorry.

What I meant is that modern C definitely has a type system with rules
that must be obeyed, it's not just a glorified assembly language. A C
compiler doesn't accept pointer arithmetic that would work if you did
the same thing in assembly.