This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem building gcc with C and Ada support for target powerpc-eabispe
- From: "Luke A. Guest" <laguest at archeia dot com>
- To: LABARTHE Guillaume <guillaume dot labarthe at gmail dot com>, gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 12:49:21 +0000
- Subject: Re: Problem building gcc with C and Ada support for target powerpc-eabispe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAE8umTYkz2k9a82E-t=uC-ep6sKgRrTjGm-hQfwsB1Xvk0yQEA at mail dot gmail dot com>
There are 2 issues, you have to build a bare metal compiler and you're
trying to build a compiler with full runtime. The current released
sources cannot build a bare metal compiler. This is a problem that has
finally been fixed in the recent trunk. You can grab the patch from my
But again, you need to compile using the instructions in
You can grab ppc-elf compiler from
don't know is this is enough for you. There is no runtime there, it's
not difficult to add a bare metal one. The basics of what you need can
be found here: https://github.com/Lucretia/tamp/tree/master/rts,
although these are older versions of FSF sources.
On 21/01/15 11:56, LABARTHE Guillaume wrote:
> I've been trying to build gcc 4.7.3 with C and Ada support for target
> I am using gcc-4.8.1 with gnat installed on a linux host.
> The problem I am facing is that when linking gnat1 I get undefined
> reference errors regarding symbols like
> I also trie to build a native gcc 4.7.3 with support for C and Ada but
> got the exact same result.
> Here is the configuration I am using :
> ../configure --prefix=/home/glabarthe/gcc/install
> --target=powerpc-eabispe --enable-languages=c,ada --disable-boostrap
> Does anyone already saw that kind of error ?
> Best regards.