examples on how to make a window, on how to access a physical drive

Hi.

I'm a Delphi/C programmer.
I've done mostly apps for Windows using Delphi and MingW (gcc).
But now I'm trying to port a GUI app from Windows to Linux.
It's grubinst_gui from this:
grubinst.7z <http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/file/n1125642/grubinst.7z>
Right now all I have for Linux is "int main(void)" at the end of the file xD

Can you please show me some examples on how to do a (dialog) window with the
same controls, on how to access the physical drive, basically all I need so
to make an app with the same functionality.

I'm using these Linux distros: Fedora 18 (but I have to change gcc version
and I couldn't do it) and Knoppix

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
David