Re: Android Native GCC 4.9.2 Build Fails at Dynamic libgcc

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 5:55 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/02/2015 11:48 AM, Cyd Haselton wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 4:38 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> On 01/02/2015 10:32 AM, Cyd Haselton wrote:
>>>
>>> Okay, so if the commands are identical you need to run them by hand in
>>> the correct directory to see what is different.  if the command which
>>> failed in 4.9 is exactly the same as the command which succeeded
>>> in 4.8 its input files must be different, and in particular dlopen()
>>> must be defined in one of the input files or the user of dlopen()
>>> must not be there in 4.8.
>>>
>> Thanks to the inability to write to extednal storage there is not much
>> space to work with on my android device.  Keeping both the 4.8.4 and
>> the 4.9.2 builds plus the build GCC on device eats up nearly all of
>> it.
>
> Sure, but it never even occurred to me that having gone this far you'd
> delete the build tree!  That's the problem with trying to debug
> problems like this by mail.  If you can login to the device then you
> can copy a tree from it, I would have thought.

I deleted it because, in the previous email I'd asked if I should
build both and compare both directories...you said the following:

>> No.  Keep a log of the entire build:
>>
>>     make | tee make.log
>>
>> and look at how the dynamic libgcc is linked.  Look at the makefile
>> to see where that lib comes from.  Look at the 4.9 makefile to see
>> where it is different.

>From that information I determined that the log file was the important
part of the troubleshooting process and...having little space on
device...deleted the build directory.

>> That being said...
>>
>> I still have the build logs and therefore the commands  for the libgcc
>> link, but the list of input files is huge. I can review them, but if I
>> need to post them here should I use a link to a file or just copy and
>> paste everything?
>
> Neither.  Sorry, I think you need to be able to run the commands by
> hand.  I can't think of any other way: we really need to be able to
> compare the working and non-working trees.
>
> Andrew.

Okay.  I'll re-download 4.8.4 and set up to build...again.

For the record, I copied and pasted the libgcc specific commands and
the giant list of objects from the 4.8 and 4.9 build logs into four
separate files to do a side by side compare of the commands AND the
object files used in said commands. The commands are exactly the same.
The list of object files look exactly the same but, again, the list is
huge so I may be overlooking something.